Traditional Malva Pudding By Beastly Eats
Traditional Malva Pudding - this delicious sweet and sticky pudding is very easy to make. Malva pudding is one of my favorite South African desserts best served with custard.
1. In a large bowl beat the sugar and egg, beat until creamy. Mix in vanilla essence.
2. Beat in melted butter and jam.
3. Sift flour and salt into the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
4. While mixing, slowly add milk.
5.. In a small bowl, add bicarb and vinegar, now add to the batter and mix with a spatula.
6. Pour batter into a well greased ovenproof dish.
7. Bake at 190°C for 35 mins until the top is nicely browned.
For the sauce: Melt all the butter and sugar together in a small pot over a medium heat, add milk and let boil, now pour over the pudding before serving, preferably while it’s still hot.